Indian Head Massage Birmingham
with RM Massage Therapies
Indian Head Massage has been practised in India for over a thousand years as part of everyday family life as a form of grooming. Indian head massage was brought to the west by Narendra Mehta in the 1970's and the therapy was extended to include the face, ears, neck, shoulders and upper arms.
Indian Head Massage works on areas affected by mental and emotional stress. In Western culture today we spend much of our time in our heads, so this treatment may help to calm the mind by being deeply relaxing. Working with a firm and gentle rhythm it helps to relieve muscular discomfort and tension as well as calming the spirit and aiding relaxation, it may also improve circulation in the head, enhance the senses and promotes clear thinking.
The massage usually begins with the upper back, where a combination of deep massage and pressure points help to relax the muscles and to loosen and melt knots. Moving through the shoulders and upper arms further releases the common spots for holding stress and tension, and then working deeply into the neck where tension accumulates relieves headaches and improves cerebral spinal fluid circulation. Moving up to the scalp, techniques are used that stimulate, relax and revive the whole of the head, increasing circulation and promoting healthy hair. Finally the treatment may include a gentle face massage with techniques that help circulation, skin tone, and sinus and headache problems.
This therapy may be performed without oils with the client sitting and fully clothed.
The benefits of Indian Head Massage are considered to be:
- Ease of migraine and headaches
- Stress related disorders
- Insomnia and disturbed sleep
- Suppleness and flexibility to head, neck and shoulders
- Increase of oxygen and glucose supply to the brain
- Scalp stimulation increasing blood circulation, promoting healthy hair
- Increases cerebral spinal fluid circulation
- Improves muscle tone
- Calms the respiratory system, helping asthma
- Release from anxiety, stress and mental strain
- Relief from depression
- High levels of concentration
- Clearer thinking and focus
- Renewed energy
- Aids memory
- Chakra balancing and energetic healing
If you require an indian head massage in Birmingham City (the Jewellery Quarter), Moseley, Harborne or Knowle (Solihull), please don't hesitate to contact me.